Friday, April 27, 2007

Man in the Hills



'I was born and grew up in D'Aguilar Town, Eastern Kingston, at the foot of Wareika Hill. I came up playing with Tommy McCook's Supersonics, and The Skatellites. I was the first trombonist of Count Ossie's Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari. My first popular instrumental was Lambs Bread Collie, which I recorded with The Light Of Saba. So we play, so we learn, melodies and sound go on and on, the limit of Jah is unquestionable... These are my recordings from the last couple of years, blazing groundation roots reggae.'

These are the words of veteran trombonist Calvin Bubbles Cameron. Since the old days he has resided above the headquarters of The Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari, in the Wareika Hill district of Kingston, Jamaica.

Its out now on the Matsuli "Five star-rated" label Honest Jons.
LISTEN/PURCHASE LINK

Still doubting? Now listen to the Wareika Hills rework of Tony Allen's Ise Nla.

No comments: