Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bandwidth issues



509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later. Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.matsuli.vectoredhost.com Port 80


So you lot are hungry for African music! As some of you have reported there are some issues with the downloads on this site. I thought I had the problem sorted with a free hosting deal (vectoredhosting) but they have a cap of 5gigs of traffic volume per month. That was exceeded within 48 hours of me posting the music! As a result I am having to rely upon SendSpace and its far from perfect service. The link for AS 35 has been updated.

Free doesn't mean free and I've had to shell out some cash on a hosting deal. Bandwidth is still limited so I will need to be careful in what I upload. And for the record there have been over 15000 visitors to matsuli during the past six months.

More soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bandwidth problem certainly a proxy indicator for matsuli's growing fame and value Matt .... congrats and thanks for your labour of love - will watch with interest as you ponder solutions that enable you to take it to the next level (if you can) - bartering, some quid pro quos? some sort of sign up towards contributing to 'members' access to bandwidth? but I suppose the starting question is: do you intend keeping up the hectic pace of compiling and releasing music as you recently have been? I hope so.

Anonymous said...

I can contribute offering some of my webspace and bandwith...that i'm actually not using

matt said...

..mattia please send me an email...matsulimusic{at}gmail.com